I strongly believe you never should spend your time being the former anything.
My story began over four decades ago in the charming city of Charleston, South Carolina. Life as a U.S. Air Force spouse has taken me to a few different states and countries around the world where I’ve met lots of beautiful people and had some life-changing experiences.
I am doing this life with the man who has supported me and all of my crazy ideas. We are the blessed parents of two beautiful, smart and talented girls. Both of whom are young adults finding their way in this ever-changing world.
This blog started as a hobby back in May of 2016 during my eight years of living in Japan. As time went on, I fell in love with all things blogging. I would work on my website while on lunch breaks at work and during any spare time I could find. Inspired by other bloggers on the web, I decided to take my hobby to the next level. This is my passion, and I love every minute of it.
Some of the things I don’t want to live without include laughter, Mexican food, travel, makeup, skincare, black and white photography, places books live, essential oils, and coffee mugs. I’m a very curious person by nature and enjoy figuring out how things work. I’m also a serial introvert and very much value my alone time.
I strive daily to be authentic and intentional–it’s a lifelong process. Seeing other women thrive through it all brings me joy because this journey can be hard. I consider myself to be optimistic most of the time, but I also know the reality is, sometimes certain events that happen in life may suck.
I’ve found that:
- Pretending to be happy at all times is toxic.
- We become who we are through the obstacles we overcome.
- Some circumstances may not be pleasant, but it’s how we deal with those moments that determine the outcome.Often times people are mean and things don’t always work out the way we think they should. Also, it’s important to understand that pieces don’t automatically begin to fall into place just because we’ve made it out of our 30s.
Life is a path full of twists and turns; mountains and valleys–I get it. There may also be days where we feel as if we are going backward. And the people who expect you to be perfect are not your people. Live life and be the best person you know how to be. Time is precious because life is short. Remember, we only get to do this once.
Prime Life Pretty is meant to be insightful, informative, and relatable to women who have crossed into the midlife territory. My hope is that you’ll find a thing or two here that will add some value to your everyday life.
This blog is for women who:
- Are still figuring life out.
- Are interested in makeup and skincare.
- Love learning new things.
- Have dealt with trauma, but still pushing to move on.
- Don’t take themselves too seriously.
- Don’t see anything wrong with having chocolate cake for breakfast every once in a while.
If you can relate to any these things, you’re in the right place!
While I try to be an active social media participant, I prefer to write notes (they’re more intimate), so you’ll get the best of what I have to share by subscribing to my newsletter. You can do that here.
I appreciate your presence and thank you for reading.
Drop an email at email@example.com or look me up on Instagram.